Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Sunday, August 26, 2012

[ENG TRANS] 120808 FTISLAND Oricon Style Interview

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS, INCLUDING TRANSLATORS. THANK YOU ^^ 


DURING SAITAMA SUPER ARENA... 
You've worked hard on the Arena tour. On the last day's Super Arena, leader Jonghun cried.

JH: First time I was touched till I cried.
JJ: Because I never imagined that Leader would cry, honestly I thought at first that it was false tears (laughs)
JH: It was all acting skills (laughs)
HK: Liar. Because if they were acting skills, you should have been more handsome; your face was super ugly.
All: (laughs)
JH: Honestly, in the past, no matter how the other members cried, because I was the leader, I always resisted. But this time, I really couldn't resist it further. (Suddenly turns to Hongki) It was all Hongki's fault~ Because you asked me, "Recalling FTISLAND's activities for the past 5 years, how do you feel?"
HK: Eh? Because of me?
JJ: Yes, Hongki hyung made Leader cry~
JH: Because of Hongki, all the different memories came gushing out. Honestly, because in Korea, the band culture isn't rooted, so we were not too accepted right from the start; we also experienced many painful things, and we surpassed those things together with everyone.
HK: A lot of things really happened. (deep in thought)
JH: In the midst of these, we came to Japan, started from zero; fans increasing little by little, concert venues also became larger and larger.

Now you have already filled up the whole of Saitama Super Arena! A band whose admission tickets are tough to attain!

JH: It's really because there are fans, that FTISLAND exists.
SH: Although I joined later, when I listen to Jonghun hyung's words, some of them really speak to my heart. Then, I feel again that Jonghun hyung is really (suitable to be) FTISLAND's leader!

Apart from on stage, were there any other times when you cried in front of the other members? 

JJ: Off stage, there will occasionally be.
JH: Being together with the members for 8 years, it was rare. But because the next song was「I believe myself」with a sad atmosphere, I didn't want to spoil the setting so it was alright. But I played the guitar wrongly a lot...... Sorry.

No, no, the guitar's rhythm was even more enlaced with emotions with every note; very touching. That day, there was also a performance by "S.F. HEROES"; so I thought that from the beginning to the end, it will be a concert full of smiles, that's why Jonghun's tears made the concert even more dramatic! 

JJ: I also thought that we would keep on wearing smiles till the end, so when leader suddenly cried, we really didn't know what to do.

Although everyone was very confused at the beginning, when Hongki went to Jonghun's side to hug him, that was another touching scene. 

JJ: Because it was Jonghun's real innate feelings, so we were very touched too.

Because of this, I heard everyone cried. 

HK: Let's stop talking about the concert! FTISLAND has come to resemble a crybaby band (laughs).

NEW SONG IS OF PERVERTED AND SEXY STYLE!!  
Alright. Then let's talk about「TOP SECRET」that was slightly revealed on the concert. 

JJ: This song was not challenged before; in FTISLAND's songs, there was never a sexy song. In the guitar parts, there were many sexy rhythms. Because I'm not sexy, so at the beginning, I thought to myself, how now?~ But while repetitively playing it, naturally, the bad-boy character emerged bit by bit (laughs) After listening to this song, everyone was also discover their hidden abilities!
SH: This song's guitar phrases are really interesting. Especially the intro(duction) phrase of Jonghun hyung's! Morbid and sexy style was really great~.
JH: (shy smile) This song's intro was really important; it was played from my soul.
SH: And, I hope that the focus will be on Hongki hyung and Jaejin hyung. Though it's a sexy and adult feel which we have never had before, I think it's great and suits FTISLAND!
HK: I think this is a song that you can listen to for the first time and get addicted to.
MH: During the concert, when we only performed one small part of the chorus, I was also thinking: Because this is a new style, I don't know what reactions the fans will have? In the end, the response was very warm, I was very happy.

The lyrics' content is comparable to「TOP SECRET」, a feeling of fleeting sadness.

JJ: It's (an) already completely fallen (feeling)... When composing, I also wrote the Korean lyrics. At that time, the content was too negative. But this time, the Japanese composer wrote the Japanese lyrics for us, more positive than the ones I wrote; it feels great.

「Beloved」is another tear-jerking song, right. 

HK: Jaejin, quick, apologise.
JJ: …sorry…
MH: But after listening to「Beloved」and your mood sinks low, listen to「Here」, and in the end, you can smile brightly (so it's okay)!「Here」itself is a very positive and great song, but because it comes after「Beloved」, it's positiveness is more emphasized, so again, the order of the songs is very important.
HK: Also, there's another thing that I hope Jaejin can apologize for.
JJ: What is it? There shouldn't be anymore~
HK:「Beloved」's key is too high! Emotionally too, when singing, I'll really become very sad. But then I have to sing high notes, really, it's very taxing.
JJ: Sorry... But when I sing, I often have to cater to Hongki hyung's key; that's taxing too. Because Hongki hyung is the type who will sing high notes.
JH: When I'm composing, I too will think of Hongki when creating the melody, so the one doing the vocal guide is very hard (bitter laugh)
SH: I know~
HK: Why do I feel like I'm being blamed (laughs)

Because Hongki is really able to belt out tough high notes for females.

HK: Areas which obviously ought to be praised, they're instead being chastised. Isn't that too weird? (laughs)

Additionally, the last time, we said that「DISTANCE」was the hardest song to sing.

HK: It has surpassed「DISTANCE」(laughs) If I sing it at a concert, it feels like I'll faint.
MH: During the next tour, let's sing「DISTANCE」and「Beloved」back-to-back~!
SH: Good~!
JJ: It's decided;「いつか」,「DISTANCE」,「Beloved」,「ALWAYS」, and then「I believe myself」at the end~
All: Good~ (claps)
HK: No! Definitely not!
JJ: Ah, let's add Korea's「Severely」too~
MH: Superb!
HK: You'd better watch out!! (laughs)
JJ: Sorry.

MEMBERS' <DANGER LEVEL> IS OF WHAT PERCENTAGE......  
In「TOP SECRET」, there is a line, <Danger level 0%>, then how many percent is everyone's perceived <Danger level>?

HK: I'm 100%!
All: (agrees)
HK: But Jaejin is only 20%......
JJ: Why?
HK: Because Jaejin is still a child, no charm (laughs)
JJ: Don't I have charm......

But because this is talking about having no dangerous charm! 

HK: But aren't those with dangerous charms more popular?
JJ: Isn't that saying I'm not popular?
HK: Yes!
JJ: Can I say something...... Detestable~~
All: (burst out laughing)

It feels like Minhwan's dangerous charms are also very low.

MH: I'm 100%!
JJ: It can't be~
HK: It's because Minhwan can occasionally be very dangerous.
SH: I also think that Minhwan is shockingly the most dangerous (laughs)
MH: There are times when I am 100% and also times when I am 0%. Although I don't really show my emotions normally, I seem to be closer to 0%.
JH: The Minhwan during concerts, the Minhwan when in front of the drums, that's 100%!
MH: I'm a person who splits my inner and outer emotions (laughs)

What about Jonghun? 

JH: I am around 50%.
JJ: Leader should be higher~
HK: Jonghun's will be different according to the situations.
JH: I think growing up, the dangerous level will become higher and higher.

What about Seunghyun? 

SH: I'm ... 99% (laughs) Ah, or 77% then.
HK: No way~ Seunghyun is only 0%!
SH: Why?
JJ: There's at least 20%~
HK: Seunghyun will occasionally show us his manly side, but because he's normally too comical, when you're with him, the sound of laughter will not stop.
MH: It's healing.
HK: Very safe (laughs)

IF THERE WILL BE A TEXTBOOK MADE ON FTISLAND... 
Lastly, then there's a sentence: "Isn't the first page of the love textbook already written?" If a textbook was to be made on FTISLAND, what will the first page be on?

HK: My face, Then, the last page will have Jaejin's back silhouette.

No one has a difference of opinion?

HK: No~ (laughs)

Then what about the 2nd page?

HK: Jonghun. Then the 3rd page is Primadonnas; followed by Minhwan and Seunghyun.
SH: I don't want (mine to be my) back silhouette; please put my smiling face (laughs)
HK: Okay~
SH: And please put (my) performance images and sleeping images (laughs)
HK: Okay~

Eh~ This is a textbook.

HK: Of course, in the midst of it, there will be one page on the our activity history so far.

That's assuring.

JJ: If we put in all our Japanese and Korean activities, I think it will become a very thick textbook.

That also goes to say that Jonghun's tears will also be recorded inside.

JH: Ah~~~~
JJ: The title will be「Leader's Tears」 

Then, everyone, please make a title for your pages!

HK: Mine is「What sort of person is Hongki?」
JJ: Mine is「Jaejin's charm is?」
HK: No answer (laughs)
JJ: The fans will help me to find each and every answer. Seunghyun's is「Why can't Seunghyun's Japanese improve?」(laughs)
SH: Although it really is like that, no mistakes~ (bitter laugh)
JJ:「What can Seunghyun do in the future?」
SH: This one is not too bad.
MH: Hongki hyung said it on the concert,「(imitating Hongki) This is my life~!」
HK: Ah~ How embarrassing~~
JH: If FTISLAND is also recorded in the fans' textbooks, we'll be very happy.
JJ: No doubt he's the leader; he did the conclusion (laughs)

This new「TOP SECRET」can also be recorded inside.

HK: Then about half of it should be blank paper~ Because the blank parts are to be filled up with history that we want to create with every Primadonna.
JJ: That's really charming~! No doubt you're a dangerous man (laughs) 「(imitating Hongki) This is my life~!」
HK: Haiyoh, that's very embarrassing; please don't imitate it again (laughs)


ORIGINAL CHINESE TRANSLATIONS VIA @MylovelyFT
URL links: 
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j00c91
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j00b0f

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for translate it to english ^^
    im really enjoy this interview. so fun! kkkkk 100% dangerous XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Glad that you enjoyed it ^^

      Delete