Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Thursday, August 23, 2012

[ENG TRANS] FTISLAND magazine interview @ TV ガイド (August)

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS, INCLUDING TRANSLATORS. THANK YOU ^^

After the conclusion of a 60,000-strong tour performance, FTISLAND has released a new single.

In May, FTISLAND, who celebrated your second anniversary after your Japanese debut and concluded summer promotions, has released the eighth single「TOP SECRET」, which is a never-before-seen rock style.

JJ: The intro part is very charming, and there is a strong style! It's a feeling that we have never tried before.
JH: The whole feeling has become sexy. We hope everyone can feel that, "Actually FTISLAND can also do this kind of music!"
HK: To have the "secret" feel, there were many parts in the PV where we were mosaic-ed. After watching the full video, I felt very dizzy. (laughs) But it is very innovative and very handsome, right!

Normally, what is taken as "Secret"... How are the members like in private? 

HK: Minhwan is astonishingly mature! He'll seriously do stuff!
MH: Hey...
HK: Are you shy? (laughs)
SH: Although Minhwan is easily shy, to me, he is a very responsible person!
MH: Whenever Jaejin hyung uses his eyes to talk to me on stage, I don't know why, but I would feel very uncomfortable... (laughs)
JJ: It's a proof of trust! It's like, "Well done~(wink)", like this. (laughs) Although Jonghun hyung looks very man, actually he's a very sensitive person!
HK: Yes! Very tender, like a girl. Now that the two of us live together, when we had to choose the furniture, it was really done seriously!
JJ: Hyung's room look exactly like that in idol dramas.
HK: Very beautiful~
JH: Because when I was young, I wanted to be an architect~ Whenever Hongki talks about the stage or music, he'll become very serious!
HK: I'm playful normally, but when it's time to work, I will be very serious! But when it's time to play, I still need to play (laughs)
MH: Seunghyun may be very fun and child-like, but when he does things, it's very decisive!
JH: And he's very loyal, very appreciative of friendships!
SH: That's right, I agree (laughs)

At the 60,000-strong Saitama Super Arena, you revealed the new song where it was also the last stop of the tour performances. The scene where leader Jonghun cried on stage left a deep impression on people.

JH: After concluding this tour, I've experienced more greatly that we're really a band, and I think about how hard we've worked in order to finally get here.
HK: After the end of the Saitama stage, after talking to the CEO and the staff, when it was only left with the 5 of us, we just kept quiet for about 20 minutes... Everybody just didn't know what to say and just quietly stayed there. It really was a very meaningful concert.
MH: Actually, on that day, I was very scared... When I was about to sleep the previous night, I kept wanting to say, "What if we fail?"... But when I saw the whole area filled with people, I felt very blessed and very happy!
SH: We can actually fill such a huge venue; we're really thankful to the fans!
JJ: We must really work even harder!
HK: From the time when we started underground activities in Japan, it has been four years, but our mentality has not changed at all. Like climbing staircases, growing step by step. Very happy that on this round's tour concerts, the fans didn't treat us as idols, but rather, looked upon us as a real band. This single also challenged a new style; in future we will also continue to challenge new boundaries in music with the identity of a band.


ORIGINAL CHINESE TRANSLATIONS VIA @i_bestbass
URL link: http://butter1222.pixnet.net/blog/post/37970537

No comments:

Post a Comment