Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

[ENG TRANS] FTISLAND Oricon interview for Polar Star

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS, INCLUDING TRANSLATORS. THANK YOU ^^


The 9th single「Polar Star」is an album which has a strong and powerful, gentle and hopeful song order. 

JJ: Polar Star is also the north star; always at the same position, never-changing. This song is like it, illustrating how missing her will never change.
JH: Traveling by light, five people will search for her together.
All: That's not bad~!
SH: It's very suitable for winter.
HK: Personally, I feel that its sound feels more like the theme of an animation.
JJ: Ah~ I know!
MH: You can put on a comfortable feeling while listening to this song.
HK: The rhythm is also very easy to remember, but the instruments seem to be pretty hard.
MH: No, this time, it isn't that tough already.
HK: Right...... I, my Japanese is almost all forgotten (laughs)

Everyone's Japanese is still very good. 

HK: It's been a gap of 4 months before we came to Japan again.

After going through such a long time, how do you feel towards Japan, which you have not seen for so long? 

HK: There are so many things I'm anticipating~! My friends have also been waiting in Japan; I always wanted to quickly come to Japan, but I had no choice. Today, let's all play until the last~! (Totally unable to calm down)
JJ: Hongki hyung, before that, please complete all your work!

You must work hard, and play hard. 

HK: ...... After that, I'll hand it over to Jaejin.
JJ: Aye? This cannot be. I'm like hyung, having forgotten all my Japanese.

When you were on the plane, did you practice your Japanese?

JJ: I slept on the plane (bitter smile)
HK: Today, we set off in the morning, so we wanted to sleep a little. Once on the plane, we immediately fell asleep.

Because your schedule is busy, so taking the planes must be the most important sleeping time.

JH: But everytime, we sleep until the right time before we reach.
SH: That's a real pity (bitter smile)

The second song「Fallin' for you」was written and composed by Jaejin; it's a great ballad.

JJ: At first, I wanted to just use the acoustic guitar to record and produce, to create it holistically from a simple rhythm. But when I was doing it, little by little, I added in different effects. In the end, it became a feeling which is a little like U2 or British pop.

The third song「Beautiful World」was composed by Jonghun.

JH: I wrote all my feelings at that time into the song. When I was done, I felt like, "This is Jonghun's ballad!", and I was touched by myself (laughs)

The sad piano introduction is very impressionable.

JH: At the beginning (when you listen to it), you'll feel very sad and emotional. But as you listen on, you will feel that your emotions will become warm.
SH: This song was sung by Hongki and I; it is really very hard to transit from the pre-chorus to the chorus's rhythm, especially the part A stanza.
MH: There's an appearance of another good song!
JH: From the start until now, although I've already made a lot of songs, I really like this one. It's probably my favourite. Because of this song, I want to try even more songs of different styles.

To you all, what is the thing which you cannot live without, the most important thing? 

MH: For me, it's the phone.

Minhwan is someone who often sends messages and calls? 

MH: Yeah. But recently, there isn't really anyone who sends texts to me; I'm so lonely.

Don't the other members text you? 

HK: There isn't really anything which requires texting (laughs)
MH: Even if I send texts, no one replies me...

Wah, that must be really lonely. 

MH: Especially Jonghun hyung. He almost never texts me.
HK: Jonghun ah, he usually doesn't pick guys' calls. But if it's a girl calling, he picks up immediately.
JJ: (very high) Yes, yes, yes~~
All: (burst out laughing)
JH: Talking nonsense~
MH: That's good~ Occasionally, pick up my calls too (fumes)
HK: Ring~ ring~ ring~ (imitating Minhwan calling Jonghun) Jonghun hyung, quickly pick up~.
JH: (looking at his phone screen) Ka-cha (hangs up the phone) Pu, pu, pu......
All: (burst out laughing)
MH: Hyung, you're really too much~
JJ: But if it's a girl...
JH: (enthusiastically) Hello~ Yes, hi, hi~
All: (burst out laughing)
JH: I'm just kidding~

Then what is it which Jonghun cannot do without?

HK: Girls.
All: (laughs)

That~ We should get back to business.

JH: For me, it's the computer. Because I need to use the computer to compose; emails and some information also need to be accessed with the computer. No matter whether I'm at home or outside, I really need it.
HK: For me, it's clothes.
JJ: Because Hongki hyung is the style icon!

Then let's ask the style icon, regarding this winter season, what are your recommendations? 

HK: Languid style. And the furry type of things. Because it's very cold, wearing those will look really cute apart from keeping you warm. Recently, I've bought a lot more clothes again.

Hongki's closet feels like it should be very shocking. 

HK: There are lots of clothes, I'm a little worried (bitter smile)

What about Jaejin? 

JJ: For me, it's DVD. Because recently, we haven't done live performances, so I would watch our own concert DVDs so as to not forget that sort of feeling.
HK: Liar~
JJ: I'm not lying! But the more I watch the DVD, the more I feel like holding another concert quickly. I'm quickly losing control (laughs)
MH: Ah~ Really want to quickly do a live!

What about Seunghyun?

SH: The most important for me, that has to be the only Primadonna.
All: Oh, oh~~!! (claps)
SH: Always waiting for us, we're really thankful towards everyone, we're very happy.

For the Primadonnas who have waited very long, the single also recorded the Saitama concert (in First Press Limited Edition A) and the Mezamashi Live 2012 (in First Press Limited Edition B). 

HK: That was a really good wrap-up. (laughs)
JJ: No doubt it's Seunghyun~
SH: Nah~ I'm really sincere~ While watching the images of the live, everyone, please don't forget the initial feelings!

Alright, next, there's a line in 「Fallin' for you」, 'Your innocent smile took away my everything'. What actions of a girl can take away your hearts? 

HK: For me, it's the same as the lyrics, that is, the innocent smile.
JJ: A happy, playful attitude. I like girls who are outgoing and cute.
SH: Giving something to others before folding her arms across her chest.
HK: Ah~ I know! Especially (while wearing) clothes which easily expose, she will do this action.
JJ: Aiyah~ (laughs)
HK: Cute girls. (laughs)
JH: Natural expressions. If it's an intentionally-created expression or attitude, I will immediately know.
MH: A smell of refreshing shampoo or soap.

In front of those kind of girls, this song's main character will become speechless, become cold and cowardly, and unable to express his true emotions. If you come across such a situation, what would you do? 

JJ: If I'm standing in front of the girl I like, I will become like the song's main character, becoming such that I dare not do a thing. This is the reason why I wrote this kind of lyrics.

That is to mean that the main character is Jaejin yourself. What about Minhwan? 

MH: I will become speechless too.

That's like your image. What about Seunghyun? 

SH: I will become one who loves to disturb her.

Hongki? 

HK: I will want to touch her. (uses both hands to hold Jaejin's face and pretends to lean and kiss him)
JJ: Ah~~!
HK: ...... like this. I learnt it from Jaejin.
All: (laughs)
JJ: Aye? It's not me, it's Jonghun.
JH: It's not me, it's Seunghyun.
SH: It's not me, it's Minhwan. (pushes the blame around)
MH: It's definitely not me, it's Hongki hyung!

In the end, it's Hongki, it's yourself! (laughs) 

HK: What, erm~... Ah! It's Jonghun.
JH: Me again? (laughs)

Then, what would Jonghun do? 

JH: I'll...
HK: Hold on tightly to her and not let go. (laughs)
JH: I won't be like that. I will quietly look at her.
HK: Look at her to find your chance.
JJ: Sniper. (laughs)
HK: The hunted will not be able to escape.
JH: (does not agree or deny)

Not saying anything, does that mean it's not wrong?

JH: Hehehe.
JJ: That's just a bluff. (laughs)

Then, to everyone, what do you hope a「Beautiful World」is?

MH: A world which doesn't require money.
HK: A world which has only one man, which is me...... I'm kidding. (laughs) Everyone can do what they want to do; a free world.
SH: A world where when two people are in love, they use an innocent heart.
JH: A world where all girls can experience happy times together with the people they like.
All: Oh, oh~~!
JH: No doubt, whatever Jonghun says is different.
JJ: Because he is the love sniper. (laughs)
JH: I'm not! Because I'm not the love sniper, that's why I can say it out!

Jaejin?

JJ: Japan. Because Japan is a place where bands thrive; it's a world where you can learn many things.
MH: For me, it's a world where there are the members and Primadonnas. Please always be by my side.
HK: I don't want~ (laughs)
SH: It's okay! There's me by your side!
MH: Thank you, Seunghyun~ Next year, there are many plans in Japan; we want to spend it with Primadonnas!
HK: Next year, we want to soak in music for the entire year!


ORIGINAL CHINESE TRANSLATIONS BY @i_bestbass
URL LINK: http://butter1222.pixnet.net/blog/post/38466913

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS, INCLUDING TRANSLATORS. THANK YOU ^^

1 comment: