Hi there! :) Please enjoy my blog & feel free to leave comments at the end of the posts if you want to. I'll gladly appreciate your good comments or constructive criticism :)

Please also take note that anything taken out of this blog should be credited. It isn't too much to ask, considering the time and effort I've put into my posts :) Just a simple "via @jh_ly" or "Taken from lyism.blogspot.com" would be alright.

Also, all translations have been translated to the best of my ability, but I can make mistakes too. Please inform me if you spot any errors :)

Thank you very much! ♥

Sunday, January 6, 2013

[ENG TRANS] FTISLAND Interview excerpt @ MINI magazine (Feb 2013)

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS, INCLUDING TRANSLATORS. THANK YOU ^^

To FTISLAND, what is the Polar Star? 

JJ: We will always be FTISLAND, even up till we're 40, I think. We will also persevere on in making music.
JH: And all of the PRI(MADONNAs) who are very important.

「Polar Star」is also a very cool song. 

HK: The song itself, of course. Even when performing it, it's also really cool. Please pay attention to the guitar solo part too.
SH: If everyone can envision the scope of the lyrics while listening carefully to the song, we will be really happy.
JJ: Coupled in the recording is「Fallin' For You」, where the song was composed by me and the lyrics written together with someone else. The content of the lyrics is that when the ideal girl appears, because one is afraid, he does not dare to approach and thus hates that cowardly self.
JH:Beautiful World」was composed by me. It is a ballad which brings with it a new feeling. I ask for everyone to try listening to it.

What kind of man do you feel is very attractive? 

MH: A man with money.
JH: Aye~ Minhwan is really weird (purposely sighs)
MH: (laughs) I was joking. A person who does not talk about business in the middle of a conversation when everyone is having fun.
JJ: I feel that a person who has the ability but does not really show it out is really attractive.
MH: Is Jaejin hyung that kind of person?
JJ: Aiyoh~ Before that, I'll have to add to my ability first, otherwise, I can't (be that kind of person).
JH: I feel that work is work, play is play. A person who is able to properly distinguish between these two is attractive. To know how to relax is also a very important thing.
SH: I feel that someone who can consider the people who are around, whether male or female, is very attractive.
JH: That's right. A girl who is proper in her manners and also polite will look very attractive, and that's great.
HK: I I feel that girls who have sufficient vigour to rival the boys are attractive. I will be mindful of her, full of anticipation for her.

When do you feel that you are handsome? 

HK: For me, anytime. (Although he said it, he was shielding his face.)
JH: For me, it should be after I shower.
MH: Jonghun hyung is really handsome after he removes his makeup.
JJ: Before, when Jonghun hyung was bathing half-naked, his hair was all slicked to the back; it was really handsome.
SH: It was when I went out playing in the night, right?
HK: That- what's so handsome about that? (laughs)
SH: Is ... is it?
JJ: (laughs) Then when do you find the other members very handsome?
HK: When Jaejin went out to play, I don't know why, but he looked really pitiful.
JJ: Eh? Why?
HK: I'm kidding! Everyone is still the most handsome when they stand on stage.
JH: Yeah~ The side profile of Jaejin seriously playing the bass is really handsome.
JJ: Ah~ Only the side profile...? (cries)
HK: Yeah~ Only the side profile (laughs)


☆SEUNGHYUN☆

What are the difficulties of being in charge of an instrument (the guitar)?
Recently, I bought a classical guitar. The (amount of) guitars which I like using is gradually in the midst of increasing. To be able to make each and every one of them into my own item is really difficult. (A/N: He means to be able to be really proficient in playing them.)

☆MINHWAN☆

Recently, what changes are (you going through) musically? 
Although I'm the drummer, I recently bought an acoustic guitar (laughs)

What is your composing style? 
Because I like ballads or Japanese band music, I would always use those as my references.

☆JAEJIN☆

The musical instrument which you love to use is? 
From debut until now, I've been using a blue bass which is called Music Man. And recently, a largely used LAKLAND too. If a bass (guitar) cannot simultaneously present the rhythm and the melody, it won't do. So it's really hard.

☆HONGKI☆

When you're singing, what's your style? 
Emotional. I want to become the type (of singer) who is able to steadily sing no matter the type of song; a main vocal like a chameleon (laughs)

For the (protection of your) throat, do you do anything? 
I go for periodic checkups and eat health products.

☆JONGHUN☆

When you're composing, what's your style? 
I play the piano or the guitar (when composing). Firstly, I would consider the portion on chords, and the last part will be the melody. The composition will also appear in my mind. I've created many ballad-type songs; I hope everyone can listen to them.


ORIGINAL CHINESE TRANSLATIONS BY @ejinhyun
Special thanks to Mooe_Chu for scans of the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment